As part of the Pembroke Dock Marine project, Falcon House is one of four Grade II listed annexes being renovated into a flexible modern workspace. Due to Pembroke Dock’s rich maritime history, a naming competition took place in 2021 to rename each annex, with a focus on the heritage, renewable future and maritime history in the local area.
The name Falcon was suggested by Marie Sampson and Victoria Allen, and is a fitting name for the ground-floor building to the west of the Western Hangar, which is being refurbished to include office space, ramped access and parking.
The total measurements for the space available is 181m², with office spaces ranging from 22m² to 51m².
This exciting new development at Pembroke Port is part of the next chapter in its maritime history and being based here, your business will have access to:
- An experienced local supply chain on site
- A local skilled workforce with transferable skills from the energy industries
- A growing base of companies developing and testing devices and managing development projects in the Floating Offshore Wind, Renewables and Carbon Reduction industries
- Quayside access
- Internal and external storage and laydown areas
- Good transport links by road and sea, including onsite twice daily Irish Ferries service to Ireland
- A supportive and collaborative business community
- A dedicated Commercial Manager to work with you as your business develops
- The expertise of the Port of Milford Haven team available to offer guidance
To be part of the redevelopment of Falcon House, please contact Sharon Adams, Commercial Manager by submitting an enquiry form or calling +44(0)1646 796152.
The story behind the name “Falcon”…
Two HMS Falcons were built at Pembroke Dock, the first HMS Falcon was constructed during the 1810s and was a 10-gun, Cherokee Class, brig-sloop warship for the Royal Navy. After launching in June 1820, HMS Falcon was then sold and renamed Waterwitch in 1838.
The second HMS Falcon to be built in the Pembroke Dockyard was a Wooden Screw Sloop vessel. HMS Falcon was launched in August 1854 to serve during the Crimean War in the Baltic Sea and then went on to serve in North America, West Africa and Australia, the HMS Falcon also participated in the siege off the coast of Courlan.
Fast forward to 1979, a very famous ‘spaceship’ commenced construction in the same Western Hangar Annex in Pembroke Dock, this was a highly classified project at the time and remains to this day Pembroke Dock’s ‘worst kept secret’. A new permanent exhibition to celebrate 'The Millennium Falcon - The Last Ship Built in the Royal Pembroke Dockyard' is now open at Pembroke Dock Heritage Centre.
Follow the transformation of the Annexes to the historic Sunderland Hangars into modern offices and workshops for industry, from start to finish with our development story.
The Hangar Annexes development is part of the Swansea Bay City Deal-backed Pembroke Dock Marine project which is funded by UK Government, the Welsh Government, the public and private sector. It is also part funded by the European Regional Development Fund through the Welsh Government.